Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

I submitted the request for an emergency order of protection. The charmingly pleasant clerk at the family court office (note the sarcasm here) told me the judge reviews requests both for and to drop RO's at the day's end after the trials or whatever are done for the day and that I will be notified of the decision. Apparently I don't speak to the judge directly. If it is granted it will be for 30 days and at the end of 30 days I will then go before the judge to ask to have it extended.

I will be totally honest here and tell you that if I can help it I do not want to go to the dom viol shelter. I'll go to my mom's (as sucky as that is) before that bc I worked at the dom violence shelter right after college (as a 21 yr old who knew nothing about abuse now that I look back on it) and am embarassed to go there as a client since I know the director and admin asst are still there from when I worked there. I know that's stupid to be ashamed but I am.

So, I'd like the girls to stay here presuming the court can force him to leave and I get the RO but if that's looking like it'll be a bad idea, I'll take them to my mom's. That's plan b.

To whomever asked about the out of state job. I did not take it so I am not moving out of state.