Thread: Scared
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 09:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by wanttobehealthy View Post
I called 911 again and my mom was in the room by now bc I was screaming. She grabbed my phone and told me to "think of your daughters" and what it would do to them to have them see their father arrested (they HAVE seen it once already).
And them attending your funeral is better for them how?

Given the fact it's already an unhealthy family dynamic, seeing their father arrested would actually be good for them, in my opinion, because seeing their mother stand up against being abused teaches them that they don't have to accept abuse, either, and will serve them very well once they are older.

You are doing what you need to do to protect yourself and your children, now. Keep doing that.
There are lots of resources, so many people in this thread have pointed them out already, so I'm just going to add that now is not the time to beat yourself up about your choices up to this point.
You did what you did, and this is what happened. Now is the time to look forward, not backwards, and do what you need to do to go from where you are now to a much healthier place.