Old 07-29-2011, 03:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Cyranoak

If you marry him...

...the following will be a permanent and dominant part of your life:

"I tried to break it off over 3 weeks ago. I told him that his drinking was just too much for me and I'm concerned he is becoming an alcoholic. I told him that I love him but that I'm afraid he is heading down a path of self-destruction and I do not want to be part of it. He was very calm but insisted that he did not have a problem. After we hung up, he texts me that he "did not have time for this drama" and that he'd call me in a week. Three weeks later he called. He said that he'd quit drinking FOR ME (not for himself). He also said he felt cheated because I had "let him drink" even though its such a problem to me. I have previously warned him twice (once during the 1st year and once during the 2nd year) that I would not marry an alcoholic and I was concerned about his drinking. Other than that....he's right.... I really haven't nagged him about the drinking. This is partly because I know nagging gets me no where with him and also because I wanted to see his true colors. I was afraid he'd hide it if I kept complaining about it."

Take what you want and leave the rest.

Cyranoak