Old 07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
bruingirl

Update:

So I thankfully opened my eyes to some of the posts here and sure enough, XABF finally admitted that he must have "misplaced the ring recently". He said he was scared to talk to me because he thought I would be angry and didn't want to deliver any more bad news along with the recent passing of my dog. He also admitted a few times around that he was being a coward. I told him that I would not be angry if he actually kept me updated and was actively looking for it. His ignoring me out of nowhere was the thing that really got me angry and confused. He said he hadn't looked in a few places and would today. He also said that he'd keep me posted today.

That stuff is all fine. But now there is something else that is bothering me. Of course haha, it never ends does it. When we were texting about the ring, he was becoming more friendly sending smileys and lols, etc. At one point I asked him if he wanted to talk or not talk because he had been ignoring me and he said "yes ". I feel like this whole time I was wondering why he wasn't reciprocating friendliness and kindness and making more of an effort. But now that he does APPARENTLY want to stay on speaking and friendly terms, I'm kind of angry. I don't really want to talk to HIM anymore. Up until this point like I had mentioned I felt my problem was that I was too forgiving of him, and now that he is finally saying he wants to be friendly, I don't feel the same way anymore. I kind of don't want to talk to him at all again and kind of want to yell at him for being such a jerk if I see him (I know that's bad!). It finally seems as thought I've gotten what I thought I wanted-him being friendly, lighthearted, and staying in touch- only to realize I don't know if I want that after all!

I'm confused..

A big portion of the above feelings I think are related to him being with new GF. I'm not sure if I would feel okay personally forgiving him and being friends with him if he is with the person he cheated on me with? How would you all feel? Would you be able to stay on good terms with someone who did that?