View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
yogaisland

Welcome, and rest assured that you are not alone.

You asked before what's better while sober. I know I can tell you what's better for me.

No more headaches and heartburn while drinking. No more hangovers. No more talking myself through drunk driving as I carefully try to make my way home "you can do this, keep focused," etc - scary that I was doing that. No more money wasted on alcohol (I wasn't a heavy drinker and drank cheap wine at home most of the time, but I still burned probably $50-$60 a month on booze.) No more useless calories, hanging on me and making me bloated so that nothing fit. No more embarrassing mistakes (I once was rubbing my husband's feet when I was very drunk and started picking at a hangnail and ended up pulling half his toenail off - I still cringe when I remember doing that.)

I feel good about myself now. Sure, it's tempting to have a drink, but I remind myself that it's just going to spiral out of control and I don't need any of that drama or trouble. My skin is brighter and clearer, I feel better (I know you are not there yet because you're still detoxing - but it will come and it will be fabulous!)

Be strong and don't give up. It does get better and there is nothing MORE worth it than sobriety. The only thing drink leads to is destruction.