View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 04:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
topspin

Originally Posted by 4MyMel View Post
Thanks everyone. Its not that I'm not hungry and I probably could eat everything in sight, I just have no desire to. I'm not concerned because another 5lbs off wouldn't be the worst thing in the world . I guess I just need time.
4MyMel,
All the booze had me so out of touch and basically unable to "listen" to the dietary needs (or cravings) my body required for healthy survival.

And , for me, not anesthetizing that "voice" is one of the greatest benefits of sobriety. If your body tells you, it's hungry; ........you need to listen.

Have you heard of HALT ? The concept is:
Don't allow yourself,or avoid getting
Hungry, Angry, Lonely, or Tired

For years, (one of the many ways) I abused alcohol was to drink as a substitute for "food" ..... most reasonable people hate to drink on an empty stomach, but I learned early that's EXACTLY what to do for the desired effect !?!

Losing a little weight now or later won't matter any. Address what's going on mentally about the food thing; ......just try your best to "listen" to what your body needs.

For me, it made a difference, and allowed me to get out of the cycle of abusing my body on a daily basis with horrendous nutritional choices.

i must've had a hell of a Vit C deficit those first weeks/months because of my daily craving for citrus. Couldn't wait to cut up grapefruit, oranges, ....even lemons squeezed with ice water.

Take care,