Old 07-26-2011, 12:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
StPeteGrad

I know that my wife was very frustrated while I was in treatment. I was quite frustrated too since phone time was not only restricted, but there were always other things going on at the same time - such as laundry, 1 on 1's, etc. I remember too that I my first call with my wife was horrible, she yelled at my about how ****** it was that I got to go on vacation while she got stuck with all the sh!t. Honestly - I didn't call her back for another week because I needed the safety of the treatment center and couldn't futurecast about what's next and still have an active recovery.

That was almost six months ago now and instead of picking up a drink, I pick up the kids.

In my AA meeting last night is was brought up that there is a special communication that alcholics have and only alcoholics can understand. What is incredibly meaningful for us means almost nothing to anyone else. My wife no longer asks me about my meetings since I brought her to one. She thought we were a bunch of whiny ******* and COULD NOT comprehend what good it could possibly do me.

Hang in there. Things will be very different if she remains sober and works a successful program. And I mean VERY different.

Good luck.
SPG