Old 07-26-2011, 09:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lestersquare

my wife is an addict & currently in treatment

Hello,

Great site. This is my first post.

My wife is an addict and is currently in an in-patient treatment program (she's at day 21 of 50)
As the spouse, I have found this process to be very frustrating.
I dropped her off 3 weeks ago and have barely heard a word from her since. She calls every couple of days but is only able to talk for 2 minutes.
It seems like I'm being kept in the dark - I have no idea what's going on or how she's doing. When we speak on the phone she's very evasive in her answers and it's obvious she doesn't want to talk about it.
It has created some friction between us which she says hurts her recovery.
I'm starting to resent her and the "process".
Not only did I have to deal with her addiction prior to the treatment (and all the nightmares that go along with that), but now I am running the household, taking care of our 2 kids all while working 50 hours a week.
The pamphlet says there is NOTHING more important than her recovery right now (family, work , etc is secondary). How is this realistic??
While she's living in her "bubble", life is still going on just like it was before she left.
When do we get to the part that she tells me how she feels and she takes responsibilty for her previous actions and maybe even apologizes for all the bullsh1t she has put us all through???!!!
I probably sound selfish and whiney (sorry about that) but I'm really getting sick of it.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
(sorry but I already posted this in another section - I thought this was a better location.)