View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 05:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wywriter

Good for you! I suspect the "next week" bit is to get a warrant, dot all the I's and cross all the T's, so to speak. As far as I know, at least in this state, rush warrants are only available if there's a suspected violent crime. Reading this really helped me -- I've been struggling with a very different issue on the face of it, but it does come down to calling the police on my AH. In fact, he's out driving drunk right now -- and once again, I can't quite make myself call in the plate number. I know I need to, that someone else could get hurt by my inaction, and I think a lot of the block just centers around whether or not he'll know I called. I suppose if he's caught out on the road, there's no reason for him to suspect ANYONE called, or that maybe the liquor store called him in since he's already been there today and obviously has imbibed since then -- and he doesn't have a license, and has a bench warrant for driving without a license and not paying his fine, so it's not like he could come right home and confront me about it.