View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 05:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Edwardm
Edwardm

Made it last night, now the weekend

First, I want to thank everyone for there support on my first time here. You can take pride in the fact that you helped, at least one person (me), from drinking one more day. I am now 4 days sober. I will be looking for support all weekend, if I make the weekend it will be the first time in several years. Everyone of you were correct; I feel great today and have no guilt. After years of building this addiction, I know feeling good can also be a trap when this evening comes and the brain starts to rationalize why I can have a drink. I don't know if this is appropriate but I bought some soda (not coke like I usually mix with- actually Squirt, haven't had it in years) and when I came home from work I followed my same routine but only drank the soda. I followed that all night with water. A fair amount of insomnia, I know this is part of the WD. I got up at 4:30 am to take the dogs for a walk. I felt wonderful, the starry sky was beautiful, the temperature 82. I thought of your support and how I made it last night, I was proud.

Now comes another day and another battle. I'm only concentrating on today and have planned to see a movie late this afternoon with my son. This will keep me from drinking; the big step will be when I get home. Typically, I would slam several whiskey's fast as soon as I walked through the door. Tonight I will fight. Feel free to keep the encouragement coming- It Helped!