View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Welcome to SR.....I'm glad you stumbled onto this forum. It is full of very loving, caring people with a whole lot of collective wisdom about addiction.

It sounds like you are taking steps in the right direction. Good for you! You really don't need this nonsense when you are trying to get settled into a new job.

This guy does sound scary, out of control, intimidating. Those behaviors don't miraculously get better. My son is an addict. I called the police on him when he was in my house a few months ago (he was wigging out, throwing things, screaming, cursing, slamming doors, etc.). I never thought in a million years I would ever do something like that but I did. He scared me. He now says that he won't come over to our house because I called the police and tries to make me feel as though I was in the wrong to do it. That's fine with me. If he can't control himself, I don't WANT him at my house. And if he is ever here and he goes berserk again, I would call the police again in a heartbeat. I don't allow anyone else to behave that way in my house, why on earth would I let him? Just because he's my son? Doesn't work that way.

You're doing great and we're glad you're here (not for the reason that brought you here but that you found the SR forum). Stories of how people extract themselves from the addict in their lives are very useful to others here on the forum. I hope you stick around and continue to share how you are doing so that others can learn from your experiences.

gentle hugs
ke