View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 10:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
hope4strength

I completely understand what you're saying, BigSis. I'm usually the person who tells people I don't want them to change and they need to be who they are and we will be together if it's a good match. However, this addiction is worse than anything I've experienced. I never thought I would be in a relationship with an addict and it is so difficult. I've blocked him on my cell and email, but my phone company for my landline says they can't block cell numbers. I paid for the subscription to block him, but it won't work. I've had the number for years and was being stubborn about it, but I have to pick and choose my battles. A great phone number is hard to get, but my sanity is worth keeping!! LOL!

I had a friend who does automatic writing. She told me so may things about him that were completely on point... even quirky sayings he has. She told me our breakup would be very ugly. She's never been wrong. I wish I would have talked to her before I ever dated him. But what you say about them finding someone else to pick on, live off of, and use is exactly what my friend told me a few weeks ago. She said once I completely stop giving him what he wants, he'll move on to someone who will give him that. The smarter person already knew this, but I guess the brick and the roof had to hit me in the head before I listened to my heart. I have heard "I'm sorry" followed by the opposite actions for so long now... he told me through his actions he would never get help; I just didn't listen. I did give him several chances, but I think I was just asking for him to stay in my life longer until I was truly ready to learn the lesson.

Thank you for your insights. It really helps a lot