View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 09:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
hope4strength

Thank you so much, Laurie. I still can't believe I found this site just trying to find out how to have a pawn shop release his things without me having to ever see him again. I didn't understand it before, but now I see that he uses anything, regardless of how petty or small it is, to keep me in his life. I always knew he had that side, my stubbornness (and I guess my ego!) let me think I was smart enough to handle the games. I was very, very wrong.

I also give the LAPD a HUGE amount of credit. When I called them to get him out of my home, they took me outside and sort of said that it was my own fault for letting him in my home and that they might not be able to do anything since I had no physical marks. However, once these women (yes, two WONDERFUL female police officers) met him, they recognized the behavior as he played Mr. Innocent. They were very firm with him and made him call his friend and sent him outside to wait for his buddy. I couldn't believe they scared a guy who has laughed at the police almost since I met him. Ahhh, hindsight, right?

Luckily I did call 911 today, so they have the call on record. I'm also lucky my mailman and a bike rider each saw one of the events where he boxed me in my car with his car. I am heading to the police station to file a report now. I really didn't want to have to go through the whole court thing since I am just starting a new job soon, but I know now this is what I need to do.

I think your tagline is absolutely hysterical! I've been through Alligator Ally a few times and it's a great analogy!