Thread: Today is...
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
LotusBlossom
In my Own Little World

Today is...

6 months! ^-^;. I thought I'd be ecstatic...jubilant, over the moon...then go celebrate with a beer (JUST KIDDING!). In all honesty...I am overwhelmingly grateful and humbled. Grateful is quite obvious but humbled by the amount of support that is out here both in just the strength exuded by everyone and the active support back from everyone. I was almost fired back in January from missing too much work due to hangovers (honesty...honesty). I had a heart to heart with my boss and told him straight up what the deal was. Since then, I have been given a $1 million a year in revenue project that has some pretty major capital equipment associated with it, finalized my divorce (alcoholic ex too), lost 30 lbs, worked through some very severe emotional and physical abuse and underlying problems associated with that, and connected back with some people I hadn't in a while. I still feel empty on certain days, but not because there's no alcohol. I know I will always be a slave if I let myself under its control again.

I have a very long way to go (we are always working on things...right?) but I am so thankful for having made it this far. I feel proud of what I have accomplished on many levels and that's saying a lot as I am never satisfied with what I do and feel it's never enough.

I lurk more than I post and just wanted to say thank you to everyone who posts on here. Everything is super insightful and helpful. Keep up the fight for it will never give you a break and will fight to rear it's ugly head.