Old 07-14-2011, 09:54 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
gneiss
Never settle.

Little bit of a vent

Hey y'all.

All this time and being bored, a little bit ticked off, and having money at the same time is still probably my biggest obstacle to staying clean and sober. And yet, I remain both clean and sober. Today was rough though. I just felt like drinking it off. Sister is on the war path once again. Every couple months she decides to let me know that I'm a trashy loser, then apologizes. And I've accepted her apologies so many times only to have her do it again. Now my entire family is on me to just say I accept the apology. But... really? Why? She doesn't mean it, this will happen again in a couple months. It's been happening for 5 years. I'm tired of being the doormat. She says I'm trash and my job makes me trash and my truck makes me trash (good thing she doesn't know about the dope! Hahaha) and then she calls me up and is all sweetness and light and asks me to take her somewhere (in my trashy truck, paid for by my trashy job).

I'm used to her BS, but I don't understand why my family sides with her. They want me to accept the "apology" and pretend it's all good and drop everything to help her, and I guess they don't really have a problem with her saying I'm trash.

*grumble* Guess I'd better go to bed. Sorry for the rant. I'm at my parents' house for a couple days and it's been such a pleasant visit with my sister's antics. And they wonder why I say 1 good friend is worth 10,000 family members.