View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 05:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
americanlawn
Paused

Smile

Tom - I would take some of the "above advice" with a 'grain of salt". While I totally repect this site and all involved, you should keep in mind that site seems (in my oppinion) to be in the business of treating alcoholism. "Alcoholism" has many many definitions (depending upon which source of information one chooses). I am 50 years old and a "professional" living in Des Moines, Iowa. I own my own sucessful business (valued at 1.6 million dollars). I too still drink "beers" probably 4 nights out of 7 (only after my workday ends). Usually 6 or 10 - sometimes more (I switched to 'light beer' a year ago so it takes more "light beers" to get a "buzz"). I enjoy drinking beer (probably because I can drink beers over a 4 or 5 hour period, enjoying the mild effect, relaxing me after a day of much stress). I own my own business - 3000 customers, 12 employees (who by the way all drink beer - or even "worse"). Yet I see "problems", and it's not with you! Replys from this website to you include: "welcome to sober recovery", "God", "What prompted you"?, "seek help", "What brought you here?", "tolerence level", "concern"....Now I "may" be "reading between the lines", but I have formed an oppinion (the best I can with the "information provided"). FACT: I have missed 1 1/2 days of work over the past 28 years (it was due to woman problems), FACT: I have never missed work due to "drinking" or illness, FACT: I have worked 45 to 85 hours a week for the past 28 years, FACT: my wife - she is sick or misses work (on average) 5 to 6 WEEKS each year!!! And you know what...SHE DOESN"T DRINK! I have documentation (work records) to back up everything I've said. Like I say: consider the source, then take it with a grain of salt. Best wishes.