View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 05:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Wench

Originally Posted by best
Affirmations that they are worth something. Letting them know they are not alone.
Letting them know you care and are ready to listen (if you are) To get involved would mean to give a commitment. Abandon them before they are ready to leave on their own just adds to a mistrust that they may feel for outsiders. (noncutters)

Oh she's committed, she truly has a heart of gold. She'd probably adopt them all if she could. LOL I think her daughter's issues are a chemical imbalance, I talked to her and there's a bit of mental disorders within her family. But now, she's come across these kids who have just had the most horrific lives and she is now Mother Hen. It probably stems from her crappy treatment growing up, she's made a huge effort to be the best parent for her daughter.

I just feel awful for her and want to help her out the best that I can. Soooo, since I'm not a really touchy feely kind of person, the best I can do is dig up things she's looking for. They can be any kind of quotes, funny, uplifting etc... She just wants to help these kids get through the day. So please do post anything and everything that's helped you out or made you laugh.