View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 07:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

Originally Posted by ADaisyifyoudo View Post
So, I make it through every day without alcohol, most days I don't think too much about it or make a big deal. I've now gone to plenty of events where there's alcohol without a big problem. So, from that perspective I suppose it's going OK.

On the flip side, I am moody and depressed a good deal of the time, fairly low energy and tired (I go to sleep most nights right after I put my kid to bed), and have a hard time getting excited about anything at all. I spent several hours yesterday trying to plan something fun to do for our family to do this weekend (we both have a free weekend, which is rare) and honestly, I couldn't come up with a single thing that I felt like doing.

I don't want to go back to drinking, I just wish I didn't feel so sad and bored. I guess I spent so much time looking forward to opportunities to drink that now I can't find any enthusiasm inside me for anything. Perhaps this is just what my new life is going to be like. :-(

Plus I am hungry all the time. I've always had to watch my weight and have already gained 10 pounds since I quit drinking, so I try not to substitute eating for drinking, but it's a drag to always be wanting food.

Feeling very sorry for myself today. Don't want to drink. Just feeling super down.
So sorry you're feeling down... on a positive note about your hunger/eating... I've read that we drinkers are malnourished and that we may need to eat the heck out of some nutritious food to repair the damage we've done, on a cellular level... so allow yourself to eat more if you need to. Your internal organs may really need it! Weight can be dealt with later... I'm dealing with dropping a few lbs myself, and it's frustrating, but our organs come first