View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MeredithD1
Present

hi djayr, I hope all manner of good things for you and your life. Those are tough choices and I pray that you get the best answers for yourself and your life.

Now that I have said that, I just want to provide the below information, just for informational purposes. (this is not meant to diagnose or treat anything, etc)

It takes at least 8 days of detoxing to really get the cannabis out of your system enough for the fog to lift, depending on the level of your use. I was a heavy user about 25-30 years ago, and had been for about five years when I decided to quit. It took a year for me to start coming out of the fog. Afterward, I didn't touch it for 10 years.

When I was in a place where it was legal, I had (and still have) some health issues that qualified. So I did a light amount for a period of about two years when I went out on disability.

I quit when I was able to find other supplements and other means that were less sedating. (I really have a very hard time with pharmaceuticals - the side effects, especially on my digestive tract, cause me more trouble than the symptom/s for which they are prescribed.)

It didn't take the same amount of time to get clear after that; I'd say a month or two. (Disclaimer here, I am not a qualified physician, etc.) For the stress aspect, once I quit cannabis, I took Supercritical Stress Advantage by New Chapter Vitamins. The least expensive I have found it is either on Ebay or Amazon, depending on who's selling it for what price at the time. If you can consult a naturopath, they may have recommendations to make quitting cannabis, a smoother experience for you.