View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
maybe it has to do with how quickly you let them IN and how close you let them get? i dunno, i am one of the nicest people i know and i've not had the problem you describe. and unless it's a telemarketer, i don't pull the "b!tch" card.....if this seems to be happening a lot, it MAY require some readjustment on your part - we all need a good safe perimeter around us.
Yes and No. There were many people I have met on first days (first day at college, first day of my career at my job) that I have merely said Hi how are you my name is Duq....just introducing myself...and they look at me like I have 9 heads. They immediately become short or rude with me if we have any further communication after that. And they still look at me like I have 9 heads to this day and its been years. We have never been close.

There has also been people that have never met me around my office that I hear through the grapevine, talk negatively about me and all I have ever done to them was smile and say good morning or hold the elevator for them. Maybe some people can't tolerate someone that is in a good mood IDK.

Most of these people are not close to me nor do I let them get close because of their attitudes. I have an OH WELL attitude now because at least I was nice to them first. I have made sure my inner circle appreciates me for who I am.