View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Do you mistake kindness for weakness?

A lot of people I meet mistake my kindness when we first meet as weakness. I am kind to everyone I meet at first because everyone is struggling with some type of personal battle, including myself. I'm not overly obnoxious kind, just pleasant and cheery. They recognize my kindness and begin to mistreat me in some sort of way because they think I'm weak. Maybe they think I'm naive, dumb, whatever it may be. I immediately have to create a boundary of either backing off or standing up for myself. I don't like always having to do this with the majority of people I meet. It gets really frustrating and annoying to always be dodging people's bullets. And then they get pissy that I stood up for myself and label me a b*tch. I am in no way a victim because I never let anyone continue bad behavior towards me. I know I can only control myself. Is there anything I can do to make myself come off less weak right off the bat? Its not my personality to come off as a b*tch. I treat everyone when I meet them equal and with equal kindness. If you push my buttons after that, well that is a different story. Lately I have been very nuetral bc I just don't know how I'm going to come off.

Thanks for listening!