View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Buffalo66

Sheneedshelp,

I have been keeping up on your posts, and I am very happy that you and your husband have made the choice to put her out.

It is a first step. It is a statement which makes clear that you have a boundary.

She mmay not see that through her haze, yet, but when she wakes up one morning and wants her family, and she calls or pops by, PLEASE BE SURE TO HOLD YOUR BOUNDARY, stating clearly that her alcoholic behavior is unhealthy for the rest of the family, that you love her, but that her choice to continue using alcohol is unhealthy for you, your husband, and her sibs.

She will most likely come to this feeling of missing her fsmily when she is sober.

I would not even speak to her unless she is sober.

I am in support of your choice. You have no control over what she does, now, and I commend you for modeling good boundaries and consequences for your younger kids.

Also, try to be sure she is aware that you are there to be supportive WHEN and if she chooses to seek help. And when that time comes, be there for her!

My RAH was terrible and I had to keep him from our son for long periods. It was hard, but I made sure he knew I was supportive of him pursuing a healthy life. HE ended up hitting his own bottom, which would not have come up to meet him if I had not made some strong, uncomfortable boundaries(his family did some, too)..and if he had not, and I forced him, it would not have been his choice. He chose to get help, because HE could not tolerate himself anymore.

Try to let go and allow God, the universe, whatever to take care of her safety, while leading her to a bottom that allows her to get a clear look at what she is becoming, and she will need your support, then. IN the meantime, craft your every sentence very carefully and economically with her. "I love you. I am supportive of you seeking help to get healthy again. " " I will not contribute to or take part in you disrespecting yourself or your family.Please call when you are ready to get help. We will all be there for you."