Old 07-05-2011, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
BecomingMe

Well it looks like the question of no contact has been answered for me. XAH, during his short visit this evening, seems to have found a moment to relieve my wallet of some money. Usually I'd say more fool me for accidentally leaving it lying around (something I have been careful about for some time now), but his visit was last minute and unexpected this evening.

So my thought is this: he's screwed himself out of spending any time here visiting his son in the last two weeks he will be in town.

I'm actually a little amused that this happened -- which is better than the agonizing this behaviour caused in the past!

I'm not going to let him in the house any more. Maybe I will work out something for which he can see his son for short -- very short -- visits out of doors. Or maybe I should cut the cord entirely. Funny how even when I feel sure I still end up waffling.

The amazing thing is that earlier today a complete stranger alerted me to the fact I left money behind in the ATM I was at. I was so thrilled. There was $100 of grocery money just sitting there and a complete stranger let me know. Fast forward a few hours and my XAH steals $20. Somebody out there is trying to make sure I know what kindness, unselfishness, and thoughtfulness looks like.