View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 11:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Alone22

So here it is a month later and you know what I am feeling pretty much the same way. Going back and reading this is a great reminder. In some ways I think things are a little better and my problem is I want things to get better faster? I know recovery takes time and clarity for the A takes time. We have had open discussions on what is going on in his AA meetings and he has asked me what we do in Al-anon. We had a discussion on if he is really ready to start to build back trust and the answer I got was a very mixed message. What I am still hearing is a lack of understanding on what his addiction has cost this relationship. I heard things which are still very self centered. He thinks he should be rewarded with sex for being sober 55 days. I guess in his mind now that he is not drinking the problem is solved and we should just all get back to our happy dance. Never mind that we have marriage issues and that I have been very hurt over the years. He sees the lack of sex as a punishment not that it has anything to do with how I am feeling. I will not simply sweep my feelings under the rug again. There has been 0 attempt on his part to address our marriage( which I am fine with so long as it is because his attention is on recovery) , yet I am to be all excited (pun intended) that he is once again not drinking? yea right.. Not sure I am dealing with alcoholic thinking here or if it is just that he is wired to be a self centered jerk. Whatever it is I don't like it and it is not the way I want to be treated. He is however willing to try MC again. For those of you who are double winners what do you think about MC at this point? The worst part of the discussion was that I have a sinking feeling he did not quit for him, he quit because he didn't like the consequences of his drinking (ie no sex and getting left behind on Mother's Day).