View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Missy7

Congrats to you long-timers.

I want to comment on SOS's statement about everyone else quitting drinking around us. My family has always drank quite a bit at parties--particularly the fourth of July. We had eight adults this weekend. My 26 year old botanist daughter showed up with a gallon of sangria and left with probably 4/5 of it to go to a lake party on Sunday. My little daughter bought 12 bottles of beer and the botanist and her boyfriend took one of those with them. I forced the two eldest men to drink their beloved "pretty drink--vodka diet pepsi." My husband is being good about that. He would just no drink with me, and maybe I'll eventually let that happen, but for now I'm afraid that he eventually will tell me I "made" him quit drinking so when the occasion arises currently, I insist he drinks.

But that means that, again, eight adults, and we drank: 1/5 gallon of Sangria, 11 beers, and two Vodka diets on the 4th. That's technically about 17 drinks total being very generous with the Sangria. Divided among the seven drinkers that's about 2.5 each--starting at about 3:00 and ending at 11:00.

THAT'S NORMAL! So my stopping being crazy lets them be normal. And remember, I'm pushing the "guys" to drink.

It's not easy and it's not a joy ride, and I will never be sure it's forever, but I am pretty happy about it.