Old 07-04-2011, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Pelican
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by BecomingMe View Post
Either way, I know he has continued drinking since moving out 2 months ago, has been suicidal, continually quacking trying to suck me into the drama.

Even though he tells me I just accuse him of things unfairly, and I always need to control everything, and now horrible woman that I am I won't let him see his son more than he already does (which is once a day on his workdays and most of the afternoon if he doesn't work weekends). I know I am right to protect my son -- I wouldn't let him go with anyone who had been drinking -- but how do I handle this??
He is moving out west. His choice. You are not obligated to adjust your schedule or your son's to accomodate His choice.

He is actively drinking, has suicidal tendancies, and is blame-shifting by calling you controlling.

This man is completely irrational and unbalanced. Keep him away from your son.

If he wants visitation rights and increased time with your child, he needs to get a lawyer. He won't. He is quacking, quacking, quacking.

You are the sane, sober, responsible parent. Your son depends on you to protect him, provide for him and nuture him.

You are a good mom! You are sticking to your rights as the sane, sober, responsible parent. Good on You!