Old 07-04-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kassie2

Let's celebrate the small and big steps of your recovery.

Hi everyone - it has been sometime since I was here last. During that time I have been healing. When last here a few months ago, the divorce had gone through and stirred up many emotions/memories. But at last, there have been some changes for the good with me.

For those who recall my situation - my exah and I work at the same place - this past week i got approval to move my office to the other side of the agency - away from him! I am so excited!

My finances will finally get a much deserved lift from a friend with a part time job! For those who recall, my next door neighbor had been unemployed for the past nine months and almost lost her home. She just started back to work and knowing I needed extra income - got approval to hire me on a part time basis.

I have also continued to experience many things breaking down at home and in need of repair - had found a handyman and discovered his limitations so the hunt continued for another - and this week someone reminded me that he has been offering to help for the past two years and somehow I didn't get the message - more answered prayers.

I would not be at this place had it not been for the fellowship of alanon and SR support. A place that took me a long time to understand me and my circumstances - the things I could do vs the things I had to let go.

So, feeling grateful (something that has been hard for me to do) I wanted to start a thread in memory of today's theme - Independence Day!
In the language of letting go - M Beattie suggests that we take time to celebrate today! To celebrate the successes, growth, accomplishments and who are.

List the things you are celebrating today in your life as I did mine!