View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 05:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Glad that you stood up for yourself.

I lived and worked in New Jersey for many years, did alot of business in New York and also was a frequent visitor on the weekends. Having relocated from Chicago, I was use to the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoyed the parks, concerts,festivals, shopping, and so forth. I made some friends from work, although, I did find people to be somewhat clannish by heritage. In Chicago there were areas that were Italian, German, Polish and so on, however, as the years went by people moved to the burbs and it all became somewhat of a melting pot. It appeared to me that the NYC neighborhoods have remained more constant as far as heritage goes. Once a family gets in an apartment, they stay, rent control keeps them there.

I may be totally wrong, however, in any case, I enjoyed NYC, I have actually thought I might rent an apartment for a year and roam around the city once again.

I am sorry that you are unhappy there, give it some time, it may grow on you. Sounds like you may be a little depressed or suffering from some pangs of remorse.

Do you have any hobbies? There are alot of clubs around that you could consider joining.

Each day is a gift, try and make today a special one for you!