View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 11:12 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
PapaNico

Thanks for the Pulled Pork idea!!!

5)
So, here I am sitting in front of the computer looking for other teaching jobs since my recent attempt at attaining the one I had hoped for during these past 2 years failed miserably. I am becoming a darned mess. The prospects are really rough... substitute for the next year or work at a "hard to teach" location many many miles away in order to gain experience. I am getting turned down for my lack of experience, so they tell me.
I intend to apply for any and all positions and let the chips fall where they may, but I still have a lot of resentment for the school that didn't hire me. I busted my hump over there last fall while student teaching, and thought I made a great impression upon those people. I showed up often times dressed far more professionally than the principal, made every effort to exceed expectations of my university professor and host teacher, established meaningful and trusting relationships with students, and contributed just as much input and effort into lesson planning and development... not to mention efforts in grading. I rocked it over there for six long months thinking that all those efforts would pay off. -- They would hire me and I would remain loyal to the staff and students thereafter-- that was how it was supposed to go.

I know I've been pissing and moaning for a couple of days about this, but this is how I am keeping myself clean during this latest "bump" in the road of life-- yes, I need another metaphor-- stay tuned! I am truly being put to the test this week and in an effort to live up to last night's pledge to the Juner's and my sobriety, all I can do right now is run and write.
.....But, I now also have plans for a nice tasty batch of pulled pork! For some reason I decided to randomly pick up a couple of pork shoulders while shopping with the kid last night. I was thinking of making sausage, but all this talk of pulled pork will give me something else to do besides *itch & moan to my fellow Junesters or drink this holiday weekend. Thank you so much for helping me stick to the effort this time guys and gals, I wish I could send you all a steamin' hot pulled pork sandwich this weekend! SR-- keeping me dry!!!

Thanks for listening, and if anybody else needs support, please feel free to ask, I will be here all weekend. We can post on the board, chat, PM, whichever you would like!

Best all--,

PN