View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
bratnik

I'm OK

Hi guys - We are flying out to AZ for the weekend so I probably won't be posting..but I'll try and check in if I can. This is a lifeline for me!

Well I can put my worries to rest and not bring it up again...but for the grace of God - my labs are ok. I burst into tears in the office when the Dr. told me my results. B-12 a little low (go figure) and liver within normal range but could go a bit lower to be at optimum healthy. I have truly been given a second chance. A month ago I thought I was near death. I go back in one month just to make sure all will be well after some more time. I almost feel like I didn't deserve this - that I deserved to have complications from what I put my body through these past few years. I'm not a sickly person - I just would sit and obsess over webmd and self-diagnosis. I'm staying away from that stuff going forward and just calling the doc.

Cherry I'm so glad you are sticking with us.

Happy birthday Kopfan!

Happy Canada day!

Yesterday I made a lovely thai meal for my friend to drop off at his house for his birthday (he loves thai food). I have never spent over 2 hours in the kitchen cooking an awesome meal without my big bottomless glass of wine. It was a trigger for sure. That one is going to take awhile to shake, I believe. I powered through it.

This weekend will be a big test of strength for me but with you guys behind me, I know I can do this.

Thanks for all of your posts, guys. I love this group! Have a great weekend and be safe - happy that the roads will have at least a few less people drinking on them.