Old 07-01-2011, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
outonalimb

Originally Posted by Rayn3dr0p View Post
Just because they've chosen to be permanent residents in crazy town doesn't mean we have to co-habitate with them.
:rotfxko

So true!!

The denial is huge. My exah is now homeless...spent father's day weekend wandering around a dangerous city with no shoes, having hallucinations...crawled into the back of a preacher's van, was rushed to the hospital and was told that he was within 24 hours of complete kidney failure, was placed in the psych ward for 5 days, is living in his van with no money, no contact with family, no phone... and yet he tells people its not THAT bad...that his family and i have exaggerated about how sick he was.

He was supposed to check himself into a long term rehab facility yesterday but somehow I doubt he has.

At this point, the only thing I can do is pray for him...and keep his life insurance premiums up to date because he WILL kill himself with this drinking unless some miracle happens.

He has two kids who refuse to see him or talk to him until he gets help.

And yet he refuses.

This is a wicked disease. Really wicked. I guess if they were to see and admit that they have a problem, they'd have to do something about it, right?

Unreal.