Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 10:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
canyouhearmenow

Hello Everyone,

Last night went better than the previous. I made some more calls but I wasn't as nervous and am almost done. Made a nice salmon dinner and went to bed early as SO had to wake up early and I was pooped too.

Tonight will prove to be a challenge as the long weekend starts and I know we'll be out with friends who want to drink...ugh.

It's getting a little difficult for me....as I drive to work there are ads about wines and vodkas blah blah....on TV cooking shows using wines...gaaaah its driving me crazy but funnily enough its not that I want to drink so much its more in the context of eating amazing food and sipping on amazing alcohol LOL how silly!!!! Its so weird that in our culture (if you pay attention) there is so much media promoting drinking and being out out control. Heard katie perry's new song? any of the rappers songs about gettin crunk? I mean it is completing made out to almost be something good and of status but when you actually do these things its AWFUL. No wonder some many younger people are finding they are having issues, its not "cool" to be sober. End of rant...sorry it was just getting to me.

I'm glad I poured out all the liquor at home because at least that makes it easier. Lucky for me when I get home I'm usually too lazy to go out and get some so this proved to be a good way to control myself in that respect. haha.

Anyways 3 days done....on to day 4