Thread: Pet-Anon
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Cats are cool. And they even tolerate their pet humans now and then

As far as cats with issues, there are animal therapists. ( I know, I used to date one ) They're hard to find but you can start with your local vet. Most animal "issues" are really environment issues. i.e.: cats that spend too much time on your lap might just be chilly. They need their very own "lair" in a warm part of the house, but where they can keep an eye on their pet human.

Sometimes all they need is for you to toss one of your worn shirts in their "lair" every other day so they can smell you next to them. Kitties are actually a lot more sensitive about their home than they let on, so you really need to find an expert that can clue you in and do the "cat whisperer" thing.

Another trick is to get an old tube TV from the local Salvation Army, park it in a corner next to your desk and turn it on with the sound off. The warmth and the hum of the electronics are very soothing to cats. They love to lay on top of the thing and nap. But don't put the tube TV up on a furniture cuz I had a kitty called Otto that used to wake up, take a big stretch and, forgetting where he was, would roll right off the thing and bam! All the way to the floor.

Mike