View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Buelah

Truly some of the most beautiful spots in Michigan are along the west side. From Manstee, all the way through the Leelenau to St. Ignace.

And Legs Inn - every one thinks it's a strip joint - it's not. It's awesome - and the inside is fabulous, and outside "courtyard" overlooking the lake is breathtaking.

We are avid canoeists, and fell in love with the Manistee River. We log 84 miles each time in both the Spring and Fall nearly every year. Canoe/camping. And we've been doing that for over 10 years.

I agree - there are so many places that are wonderful where I've had my share of cocktails - but I don't want to avoid them, as I've also had some wonderful times there and met some fabulous people. I just have to change what I do when I'm there.

We've been talking about heading to the St. Ignace area on the motorcycles this weekend to stay with friends. She is a major wine drinker...but I love her dearly, so I want to see her. I know I can do it, but it won't be easy. But, a great ride north two-tracking it on the motorcycles would be super!

Sorry, rambling. But, I'm excited that you are considering a small trip. It's your celebration for your achievement so far! Best kind of celebration - and one you'll be able to remember and feel good about!

And remember, a rainy day wading in the river is better than a good day at work!