View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Buelah

Squishy - I think satisfying cravings is such a common thing for all of us. Our bodies are truly trying to adapt what the alcohol did for it (even though not good). From what I've read on this site from others, it sure is common. But, the best way to go about taking care of those cravings, is to put something healthy in your body. If you like fruit, have fruit on hand. Nuts, dried fruits, popcorn, anything. Try to stay away from sugar if you can - but, if you like sweets go for natural sugars. I always have almonds and dried fruit in my cabinets and lots of fresh fruit. About 2-3 times/week I cut up the fruit and toss it in the fridge. If I don't, I'll open the fridge or see it on the counter with the peel on it and think "no thanks". But, if it's consumption ready, I head right to it. Rice cakes, rice cakes. Styrofoam, styrofoam! But, they have improved those, too. Put a little peanut butter on them (otherwise it's like eating air). Just find something healthy you really like. Don't worry about the cost, as you would have been spending that on alcohol any way. Your health and well being has no price.

I've found grazing all day long helps, too. That way I just don't go on a major food binge. But, I am with Streamwader....carrots are just not in that routine...yet.

Then again, this is coming from the gal that loved that can of Pringles this week. But, boy were they yummy!