View Single Post
Old 06-28-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Squishyboots

Originally Posted by WiggleIn View Post
Well, I made it through day one. Proved myself it IS possible to not give in. Most of my drinking is from habit, so as long as I don't give in to that 5:00 ritual all should go good (easier said than done I am sure).

Couple of things I realized, since not having a day of sobriety in about 5 years...
-I have a wet home, booze all over the place: rum (my weakness), beer, and wine coolers (yum) this was a little tricky to ignore - but I stayed strong!
-about 7-8:00 PM the need to have a drink subsided greatly. Who woulda thought?
-I was extremely moody towards my husband... not sure if that is related to something else (PMS) or not drinking? We'll see how my mood is tonight.
-did not sleep. well... maybe just a little, but mostly just "rested" all night.
-woke up feeling GREAT! Even without a good nights sleep, this feeling of not being hung-over is something to definitely think about when the urge to drink comes.

One hurdle I will have and actually look forward to tackling is how I handle all of the stress that comes with being a step-parent of my 14 year old step-daughter. I am only 11 years older than her for one, and for 2 her mother is a real P.O.S. All arguments between me and my hubby are due to my not knowing how deal with my emotions when it comes to the way bio-mom treats her children. I get furious, even though there is no way to control her actions. Might be something to get counseling over if I cannot figure out how to control my anger and frustration on my own (without the bottle).

Looking forward to day two.
Posting my progress here really makes me feel like I am accomplishing something. Want to thank everyone for all the great support I have found here.... even if I am not posting, I am reading!
Yeah! You and me Wiggle - 5pm on. Day 2 here we are! Keep up the good work just for today. :-)