Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I think we codies too often believe what people tell us...we should try harder, we should do more, we should be how "they" want us to be.

I know I used to believe that and no matter how hard I tried to be a people pleaser, there was always someone not pleased with me at all.

Well today I say "Rooty Toot Toot" because recovery has taught me to be the kind of person "I" want to be and the heck with what anyone else thinks. Recovery helped me get to know that stranger called "me", and it helped me get to like her, warts and all.

Today I do my best, which is better some days than others and far from perfect. But today it's enough and I can feel good about the person I am...regardless of what anyone thinks.

Today I don't have to like everyone and everyone doesn't have to like me. If they think badly of me, or try to make me feel "less than", it's all on them, they own it and it has nothing to do with the person I am today.

CatsPajamas here has a signature that I just love...it says "What others think of me is none of my business".

Today it is what I think about me that matters. What is in my heart is more than good enough.

Hugs