View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
filthrich

Originally Posted by instant View Post
Hi FR

What I was doing with the full knowledge of my kids was my greatest shame, it really affected our relationship. Today is day 38 and I am so grateful for how it is turning out with them. It is such a load off my mind now and whilst I knew it the havoc it was causing- it is only now I can see how the whole situation was so toxic- all caused by my drinking
Wow. I understand that one. Since they are young I can not plant that seed that may grow into mayhem. Seeing me pour drink after drink and become more and more impatient-day after day-week after week-could have long term damaging effects to a child. At least that's the way I see it.

Originally Posted by klg View Post
you are so right, I have 2 wonderful little boys, that I love deeply and when i drink I am mean, and do things I shouldnt
I get mean too. I don't beat my children, but lord knows my grandmom whupped my butt many-a-time. and sometimes my boy gets real close. But he's 3 and all boy. At the end of the day they just don't deserve that, When I'm sober I'm much more tolerant and a better father.