Thread: temptations
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SASA

temptations

today my boss called a meeting with 4 other of my colleagues. After 1h of meeting and discussion of things out of nowhere opened a bottle of champagne. He just took it out of his backpack and opened it to celebrate a promotion. Within 30sec he poured it into glasses (he has hidden in his backpack) and handed them around to say posit. there was no way to escape. I pretended to drink (meaning I put the glass to my lips but did not take a sip), and desperately tried to get out of there before anybody noticed. I am in my 5th month, but boy that was a close call. I felt the peer pressure growing and because we were all in there and usually we are not supposed to have alcohol at work (company's policy) I did not see that one coming. How would you have handled it? Have you ever been in a situation like that?
I am still freaked out.
Also if I would have taken a sip due to the peer pressure would I have to reset my sober date, since I almost felt like its the sip or my career..... (Still did not take the sip thank god)