View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 10:00 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
bonami

Babyblue - still feeling my way around here but wanted to let you know that reading your posts has been helpful to me. Our situations are not exactly the same, because my person in treatment is not my spouse or boyfriend, but he is a close friend and someone I am used to seeing every day at work. And I also have been reacting to why he cannot contact me. I guess even tho he is in outpatient treatment, he has probably been told not to contact anyone outside of his family, either. I thought my messages of support were being rebuffed when the only response I got back was "don't text or call." But the advice given to me on these boards is teaching me not to take this personally. I still worry that I know nothing about how he is doing or if he will be distant when (or IF) he returns to work (the HR lawyer and my boss have a call scheduled...). But I am trying to remain patient and use this time to learn more about recovery. I wish you the same patience and I hope you can work through the anger and frustration you are feeling now.