View Single Post
Old 06-16-2011, 11:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
breakingglass

he stopped, i'm sad

well my AH stopped drinking....at least for 3 months now, and i am so proud of him. the problem is me. why am i so depressed all the time? shouldn't i be happy now that the stress from his drinking is gone? could my depression be a part of his alcoholism? i'm so confused right now. i thought i would be so happy but i'm not.... what's wrong with me??

i wonder if it could be that he no longer goes anywhere with be because everywhere you go, there's alcohol. he hibrinates in that house day after day and i think he's afraid to be out around other people in a social atmosphere. we dont go out with other couples anymore either because everyone we know drinks. i know they told him in the meetings that he needs to distance himself from "those people" .... but those people are our friends....some of them have been for more than 40 years!! how do you just drop your friends because your husband has a drinking problem? i don't want us to drift apart because of this .....but i don't want to loose my dearest friends in the world either.........