View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 10:18 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Chino))) - great story!

I'm getting ready for work so just a short drop in. I am amazed at how well Brit and I are getting along. We were standing in my doorway, talking, and she saw the pictures I have on my wicker stand...one of her, as a baby with her mom...they are in the pool and Brit is in a little floatie thing I bought her. The other is stepsister's first wedding photo as Tina was a bridesmaid.

Brit started crying, said "I DO look like my mama" and talked about how much it hurts that she didn't know her but feels that Tina talks to her. I told her I'm SURE she does, and it's okay to talk back...I do it all the time.

She also was telling how she'd told someone about how much she loves my dad, how he's always been the only dad she has. I had just told her that I was going to write in his father's day card "I know it's not always easy being my dad" and she laughed through the tears, and said "yeah, that goes for both of us, but he still sticks by us".

It's obvious she WANTS to be home, is talking about "I'm so ready to start the GED classes" and just other little things. She said "Amy, I have matured, you may not see it yet, but I've been working really hard on it". I CAN see the beautiful young lady that I have missed SOOOO much.

Will it last? I don't know, but I do think she's come a long way, and I am tickled to have her here. She's going to go to her mom's side of the family reunion, something she hasn't cared about in years.

Honestly, I couldn't have asked for a better day Ya'll told me that things would probably work out in time, and I held on to that faith, and did my part. There's a whole lot of "I love you's" being said around this house!

Love, hugs, and prayers,

Amy