View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 07:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
ajangel

Originally Posted by socco View Post
Hi ,

I have been a heavy beer drinker for about 15 years . Drinking beer every night almost and every day during the weekend.

My doctor said my liver enzymes were twice higher than normal so I decided to lay off the beer for a few months to get my liver back in shape and to curtail my drinking.

I read about alcohol detox and withdrawal symptoms and am wandering when to expect them to begin. I haven't had a drink since June 10th which was 4 days ago and have not experienced any withdrawal symptoms or anything. I feel completely normal?

Does it take a few days before your body starts to show symptoms or am I in the clear?

thanks for any reply
Consider yourself lucky. Mine was day one of not drinking. My withdraws sent me to the hospital. The first time I quit 10 years ago, I didn't have bad withdraws. I was only a little edgy. But the more times you quit, the more dangerous and worse it gets. I worked in a hospital and saw people that went through withdraws after 5 days. Hallucinations, shakes, etc. It differs with everyone. My advice is that if things start getting bad, call your doctor and get some help. Good luck to you. Hope you decide to quit for good. Your doctor telling you to lay off for only a month was bad advice IMO.