View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 12:07 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Gypsy))) - your post about your roomie reminded me that I can choose my battles. Okay, so I get bent out of shape when something of mine is messed with/used (without my permission) or thrown away, but I think most people are like that.
I did go get some new sheets and a few other things. Have made major headway on cleaning my room and found my remote control tha's been MIA a couple of weeks.

Brit, stepmom, and I have been chattnig, and it's been really, really nice. I just totally impressed my little Diva by telling her that a friend of mine from here, her daughter's bf's uncle is Beyonce's hair dresser.

I am working on "hands off the teenager", not having any expectations of what will happen. After having so much animosity, anger, hurt and feeling rejected for the past 6 months, I am reminded that with time, consistency/boundaries, prayer and hope, I have had a REALLY good day and that is a gift.

To think I could have gone totally off the edge over a loofah sponge NOW makes me laugh, but recovery has taught me to look deeper into what is setting me off..it usually has absolutely nothing to do what what I THINK it does, and that's what it was. The stupid little sponge was just giving me something to focus on, rather than what I was REALLY thinking..is this going to last? Is something else gonna happen and she'll hate met?

I'm pretty sure, now, that no matter how heated our discussions get, no matter what she say, she's not going to hate me, nor I her.

(((Lisa))) today's reading makes me think of stepmom. No matter how sick someone has been what they have been through, she's undergone the same and she was always WAY worse off. The only exception, in the 18+ years I've known her is when I got robbed.

Unfortunately, I also went through this phase, and still slip every now and then. It's literally exhausting to deal with someone who's "whatever" is worse than everyone else's who's chronically depressed but won't do anything about it, and worried about something. When she has a good day, I take total advantage of the opportunity and we often end up laughing. Otherwise, I limit the interactions . t took me years of trying to "boost her up" before I realized that all it did was cause me more angst, feelings of frustration, and that you dan't help anyone who doen't ant help.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy