View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 03:24 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Chino))) - having been an only child, and Brit being raised pretty much an only child, we're kinda winging it at being sisters, and yes, that is what she tells people..that I'm her older sister.

We were just talking, I'd heard something that her dad or his family said about why he's not on her birth certificate, and I told her the truth. I also told her if she ever had questions about stuff like that, if I knew the answer, she KNOWS I will tell her the truth, and she said "I know". She said he's "not my dad", and I said "no, he's the sperm donor, being blood related doesn't make you a good relative." I also told her "just like you're my kid...doesn't matter we're not bio-related, that's just the way it is. We fuss, we argue, we forgive and we move forward...THAT is what families do" and she was very agreeable.

So, for now, all is cool. She's working on her room, I'm working on mine, and we just keep piling stepmom's stuff into higher and higher piles as she sits and watches TV. Not making a big deal about the bathroom stuff, will just keep my stuff in my room.

I showed her where I fell through the attic and she said "OMG, you could have REALLY been hurt!!!"

For today, it's like the good 'ole days, I've worked through my little bit of jealousy, bought Father's Day cards for dad and Dan (mom-Kay's hubby) and realized it's not always easy to be my dad...I can be a royal pain in the ***, but dad loves me anyway, and that's how I'm feeling about Brit.

Dad DOES see us as his daughters, and when we're not getting along, he says he feels like he's stuck in the middle. He goes out of his way to do things equally for us. I guess it's a learning experience for all of us.

Now to get busy on my room

Hugs and prayers,

Amy