View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 02:02 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  
Chino

Howdy Rita! Wishing your daughter a happy bday I got lucky; neither one of our kids whined or baby talked, but our daughter suddenly turned feral at puberty. I think I know how to guide a 13 year old girl into young adulthood now, but I sure don't want to be tested.

Amy, dry socket??? I fear that, not root canals, and hope I don't ever have to deal with it. As far as Britt goes -- maybe your dad perceives you and Britt as sisters, so he stays hands off about most anything between you and her. Does Britt see you as an older sister? How do you see her? How do sisters work stuff out, like what you've got going on? Do they? I'm serious about that last question, too.

It's been a while since I shared a bathroom with my sister (I remember her snipping and whining a lot), and I pretty much took the same path you are. My dad and I abdicated the bathroom to her and my mom; we used the shower in the basement. It was just an old shower head, no curtain or stall; a single hanging dim bulb and a concrete floor. Sounds like a bad movie, huh? We set our clothes, towels, on the washing machine. That's how bad we wanted away from that bathroom lol. My only possessions in the bathroom were my toothbrush and contacts.