View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
SwanSong

You made two points there I really like Kevin, 'you get some awful times in life don't ya' - heck yes we do!

They are his (thoughts/actions) not mine' - exactly.

Life isn't all roses and flowers once we sober up, start working through whatever addictions we may have, but at least we are truly experiencing life. I'm sure at 5.5 months you can relate.

And yes, other people's thoughts and actions - no matter who they are - are not ours. We don't have to own them, we only have to own our own. Even then what I've learned in my recovery is I can discard the irrational, mean, counter productive thoughts until my silly noodle finally produces one worth latching on to!

Glad you're doing well keeping this thread alive almost by yourself, I'll try to pop in again soon but if I get busy I better see you in the 1 and under club in .5 months!!!

Ps. I used to wonder if Dee had an 'auto-thank function' too - you're not alone! But I have learned that he reads them all and responds to those that really need responding to (just check out the newcomers section sometime or anywhere else where people are contemplating a trip back out or how to make it back in - almost invariably he's one of the first 'responders' lol...) -thanks Dee!