Old 06-13-2011, 10:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
11bravopapa

Angry Need some advice, wife is in Detox right now.

I'm saddened to hear my wife is addicted to opiates. She is currently in Detox and I have been the primary provider for our 16 month old beautiful daughter. Apparently, my wife has been an addict for three years and the only way I could get her to detox was by threatening to kick her out of the house.

My issues are now with trusting her. We have not been married 2 years yet and she lied about her addiction to me before the marriage, at the alter, and now. I have confronted her on numerous occasions and she always denied she had a problem. I wasn't stupid and knew she was having issues but she had surgery a while back so I thought she may have been legitimately using them.

She stole pills from my parents house, her parents house, my sister-in-laws house, and from me. The greatest disservice she did though was neglect our daughter the first 14 months of her life. And she has been asleep in the bed or on the couch for half of our marriage. I'm leaning towards leaving her and taking my daughter with me. I feel like this is the right thing to do.

Should I give her a second chance? In my mind, that is out of the question. What do y'all think?

Last edited by 11bravopapa; 06-13-2011 at 10:35 PM. Reason: Mis-spelled word