Old 06-12-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Suki, you know what, I'd love to try that 30 day thing. I do realise that I should probably give that a go, I don't know if I'll be able to do it, because my head rationalises 'somehow' that I don't 'need' to stop for that long, maybe a few drinks a day would just be enough, but therein lies the problem. I find it difficult to rationalise to myself that it's a good idea for me to lay off the drink for an extended amount of time. I haven't quite come to terms that I have a problem with drinking/ smoking (in the past) even though I've failed two university courses and caused a great deal of pain to my family and lost a good deal of great friends over the situation and my girlfriend left me. I know, and you've highlighted it that I should stop for 30 days but I just can't see myself making it at this time. How will I do it? I don't even know now that I want to go 30 days without drinking. That's going to be so haaaard. Thanks for your message though. It helps that I realise I'm not the only one going through this stupid stupid problem. I am meant to be in control of my actions, as a human but some part of me likes the drink and the feeling it gives just too much. :/ Thank you for your reading and response however!!

Maybe you don't really want to know the answer? Is that possible? In that one paragraph, you effectively talked yourself out of even trying the experiment. Of course, we cannot know for sure if you have an addiction problem, but you sure are talking like a person who does.

It's okay, we've all been there. None of us wanted to quit drinking either. When the consequences of staying the same become worse than the fear of getting better, that's when changes are made. Hope you'll stick around and do more reading and posting. We're here to support you.