View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 06:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
photuris

oh it gets even more interesting

So I first decided that I wouldn't say anything to my husband about the alcohol receipt in his pocket.
But he can read me like an open book. After the kids were in bed he asked me "what's going on"
Anyway, we had a little talk, I was very plain and just said that I accidentally found it in his pocket. He said "yes I did do that, but I'm back on not drinking and it was just a slip up". We hung out and watched a movie. I was totally cool about it.

So this morning.... He was acting REALLY strange, asked me if I loved him, etc etc etc.

Then he blurts out that he PAID A PROSTITUTE IN VEGAS. He got absolutely completely smashed and asked her if she wanted to have some "fun". They went up to his room and he paid her $150, but then she demanded $1500 for sex and said that the $150 was for "her talking to him" he didn't have the money and she left all pissed off.

I have to say at first I was shocked, not upset, not hurt, just in disbelief that my husband did something like that.
He of course is feeling awful. Very upset that it happened, and he now finally acknowledges that he is in fact an alcoholic and absolutely cannot drink ever again (before that he used to say that he thinks he'll be able to take charge of it one day).
So as crazy as it sounds I'm glad this happened, but I'm thankful nothing worse happened.

Now a side question: Neither one of us is religious. He's considering attending a support group, etc, but he is concerned about the faith/god aspect of AA. Ideas?